Rheingold Passenger Trainset
Incl. 19% VAT: € 22.96
Relive the golden days of German Railroading with this superb recreation of the famous "Rheingold" train, built in highest quality and detail by 3DZUG, for Train Simulator.
It was the German equivalent to the famous Orient Express - the exquisite Rheingold. The German Reichsbahn introduced this luxury train as early as 1928, promising its illustrious passengers utmost comfort and leaving nothing to be desired. Starting its journey in Hoek van Holland, it passed through the Rheintal before reaching its destinations in Switzerland. In 1960 the Deutsche Bundesbahn eventually commissioned new rolling stock for the traditional Rheingold. Just as its pre-war predecessor, the new train was designed to beat all other trains in comfort and style and allow a cruising speed of up to 160 km/h. With effect from the summer timetable in 1962, this unparalleled train featuring a unique dome car along with compartment and high-capacity coaches finally started service. Today it is rated among the best-known coaches ever. A further impressive innovation was the dining coach, a so-called "Buckel dining car" - which featured a two-storied kitchen.
Our greatest demand was to realise this exceptional luxury train appropriately in Train Simulator and, therefore, just as in the Orient Express, we once again went out of our way: the countless materials and details used, let the train appear extremely realistic. Apart from the four blue Rheingold-Cars provided, two further cars welcome you aboard. Unprecedented effort has been put into the interior of the dome car as well as the dining car. We, therefore, invite you to explore these exceptional cars. Whether you are heading for the bar, the restaurant or for the dome, all these areas have been realised with great attention to detail. Take a look at the table decoration - even in the coffee pots, the plate inscriptions or the flowers. And perhaps you will even find the miniature Rheingold on your exploration tour? If not, one of the probably most realistic passengers in Train Simulator will be happy to be of help. They are your constant companion whilst travelling on the Rheingold.
Realistic sound, animated breaks, connected coupling, tubes and steam heating as well as various versions complement this add-on. In order to let you get started right away, we have already included four scenarios.
- Rheingold original version of 1962: highly detailed compartment and high-capacity coaches, dome and Buckel dining car included
- Dome car with prospect pulpit - highly detailed passenger views for the dome and Buckel dining car included
- Reflection, brilliance and depth properties included in the views
- Different views allow a virtual "inspection" of the dome and dining cars including both storeys of the dome car (bar and viewing area)
- Includes realistic passengers (optionally disengageable)
- Passengers in the exterior view are synchronised with the interior view (people shown outside also appear in the interior view)
- Includes various train destination displays (long-distance train "Fernzug" (F) 10, special train "Sonderzug"as well as those appropriate for the Train Simulator)
- Animated brakes
- Connected couplings, including steam heating pipes
- Passengers can be engaged or disengaged optionally
- Day and night version for a maximum detail degree
- Various detail levels for all PC systems
- Optimised KI-Version for scenarios
- Quickdrive consists for DB 110 blue/beige virtual Railroads), DB V 200 and DB BR 101 included
- Includes 4 scenarios for Mosel Valley: Koblenz - Trier and West Rhine: Cologne - Koblenz Route Add-Ons
- Manual in German and English
- Scenarios in German language
- Download product with Installation program
- Download size: 339 MB
- Train Simulator
optional (required to play the scenarios):
- TS: Mosel Valley Koblenz - Trier Route Add-On
- TS: West Rhinge: Cologne - Koblenz Route Add-On
- DB BR101 or DB V200 Locomotive Add-On (both are included in the European Loco & Asset Pack)
- vR DB BR110 blue/beige (virtual Railroads)
This product is delivered as a zipped download, including installation program.
We Also Recommend
Return to Brighton Premium Pack
Budd RDC Pack 'New Haven'
FRC: California Zephyr Scenario Pack
London Trains & Goblins Scenario Pack